Sunday, September 23, 2007

Backpack wrap up

561

That's the number we're sitting at right now. Five hundred and sixty-one! That's a lot of school supplies.

One moment I'm celebrating the next I'm totally appalled. Celebrating the donations and support of the community, appalled at the massive need.

So many people to thank:
- Grey Owen Sound Children's Aid who, upon filling their own need, sent resources our way.
- Bell Canada; the crew around the corner with 17 fully stocked and 16 empty backpacks
- Giant Tiger; Joel and the crew made me believe we could do this - donated 104 backpacks
- Business Depot; filled my car with donated supplies and let me purchase over the limit on many items (the flyer says "limit 6 per customer" - I go and buy 57)
- Wal-Mart; for allowing us to the park the bus at the store, sponsoring the radio outreach, letting me take over a cashier for 30 minutes at a time AND for a $2 000 matching donation!!!! Which will pull my over all budget back in line, having gone $2000 over budget (with permission from the board).
- Mix 106; the whole gang at Bayshore Broadcasting for getting behind this program and making the need known to the community.
- Hobart Food Equipment; a donation of $250
- Donors; to all our donors who increased their annual United Way donation to support what we were trying to do

I know I'm missing a few but please do not be offended, I need to sit down and review the whole program so we can plan for next year, and truly thank everyone properly.

No comments: