Sunday, January 13, 2008

Forgive me readers....

...it has been many weeks since my last post.

OK I did take 2 weeks off at Christmas, I was trying to get my overtime hours under 150 before the year ended. I had some success.

I also have to realize that failure to post, is not failure in life. It's ok if this gets updated once a week rather than the once a day I'd set myself up for. If I need to post more often I will, but lets focus on at least once a week.

I have been reading around the Internet, at personal blogs, political blogs and just general discussion blogs, for inspiration.

So what is new in the world of the United Way. Well we're still closing out our 2007 campaign, digging for those final dollars etc.

I'm finally getting my office walls at the United Way Centre, I've picked a new colour for my walls - a light white/pink that I call "compassion flower". Oh I crack myself up sometimes.

We're working hard on our budget, but I'm frustrated that the things I want to do are going to be held back due to financial constraints. But that's what a budget is for.

So we'll keep going and plugging away at the issues and the needs of our community, as always.

No comments: