Friday, August 24, 2007

I'll sleep labour day weekend

The backpack request list sits at over 400 right now, I"ve managed to get 75 or so out of the building to our agencies already, but next week will be as insane as insane gets. We did ok with the bus at Wal*Mart and I think we'll do that again. I am going up to Wal*Mart at 2 pm today to pick up our supplies that we budgeted for through our board fund. We are spending about $1500 of the $2800 that is our board fund. I am hoping to get up there to find that Wal*Mart head office matched our dollars as well as the community dollars that were spent.

I am very concerned at the size of our list this year, it keeps me awake at night. But I'm hoping after 2 pm today, I will have all that we need and it's just a question of filling them up.

It's so hard to answer the phone and know you are the last best hope for these famlies and yet you have to tell them it's a waiting list situation and you just don't know if you'll be able to help them.

Special hug and thank you to Suzanne, Jackie and Holly for staffing the bus over the weekend. I will say that "people watching" at Wal*Mart is rather fascinating, and you learn a lot about humanity sitting outside.

No comments: