Friday, August 31, 2007

It's over

148 packages of Crayons - $146.52
338 packages of paper - $165.62
479 metric rulers - $617.91

Hearing the squeal of a 5 year old boy for his new Spiderman back pack - priceless

I haven't posted much of anything with substance this week, apologies to all those in crisis, or need things from me like 'yesterday' I send you all hugs!!

We were short 200 backpacks on Monday and I made an appeal to the community.

They came through, but it's been exhausting.

Most of you are preparing 2 or 3 children for back to school - we just did 502

Thank you so much to Suzanne who's been holding down the fort while I"m out scrounging up donations. Thank you to Holly for babysitting the office and handing out backpacks while we held Tuesday's seminar. And to Cindy (a new volunteer I met in the crowd at Summerfolk) and Marie (our cleaner) who have been stuffing and de-packaging and generally helping us out. Another huge hug to my daughter Chrissy who not only unloaded the cargo van Friday night while I "cheered" but also unloaded my car today - mom keeps running out of steam.

I have no words left, the tears won't fall, just too tired and if they start, I know they won't stop.

I have loaded and unloaded my car more times then I care to count. I have no fingernails left and I am now know, by name, to everyone at Staples, Wal*Mart, Giant Tiger and Tim Hortons (green tea gives me wings).

Just when you wanted to rip someone's head off, a parent's eyes would fill with tears in gratitude and it would be all worth the effort.

Once more I was enough. Worthy of a miracle. For the children.

No comments: