Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fortune favours fools...

...and a fool he might yet still be!

I speak fondly of John Divinski who hosts Sounding Board on The Beach. One fateful day a month or so ago he called to invite me to be on his show, speaking about our poverty workshop we were hosting with NAPO. In that first conversation I dazzled him with my wit and charm and I joked I really wanted to host the show. He then mentions he was looking for guests hosts so he could go on vacation.

I quickly took him up on his offer and we set the date.

Then when I journeyed to Port Elgin for my first stint on air he tried to introduce me around the station. Didn't take long for him to catch on that I already knew everyone and that there was a lot of ribbing going on. Suddenly he seemed a bit concerned.

I was no longer the community activist that he was offering some air time to, I was an experienced media manipulator with an agenda.

Credit John as he shook off the doubts and stuck firm to his offer.

So tune in to 98 The Beach at 10 am Wednesday morning for a show I'm calling "Resource Poor - Community Rich"

No comments: