Tuesday, June 12, 2007

it's Bruce Power Day!

Today is Bruce Power Day. Our own intrepid golfer Chris, and Vice President of the board, is off to Whistle Bear in Cambridge for the Bruce Power Suppliers Conference and Golf event to benefit the United Way of Bruce Grey. In 2005 $75 000 was raised from this event, in 2006 it was $80 000. This is the single largest donation to the United Way, and the only person who is working on it, from our side, is Chris. A very efficient way to fundraise.

It will be a few weeks before we get a total on the event and that cheque will be invested and put to work over the next 11 months.

It's going to be a quiet day around here as our kids are off on their year-end trip to the Scenic Caves in Collingwood. I had really wanted to go with them, as an additional adult, but the state of my desk tells me I should stay here and get some work done. Besides I twisted my ankle at Bruce Peninsula National Park on Saturday, hiking, and if I stay off it it's fine, if I walk too much, it aches by evening.

The garden plots are being outlined so if anyone wants a small plot to get dirty and play in, just email the Metis and they'll get you set up. There's not a lot of space but enough to have some fresh produce this summer. It is an organic garden!

No comments: