Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Know your talents

I've come to the realization that I'm a big picture person, not a details person. It's neither a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a 'thing'.

But when it comes to days like today, when I need to get a grant application written, my 'big picture' mentatlity gets in the way. I just want to write "We're a great organization and we do great things so just send us a cheque", but alas it never works that way.

We need work plans, and expecations and sustainablity modles, and partners and letters of support and on and on it goes.

I have friends who live and breath this stuff, who can take 2 or 3 of my ideas and make them sound really brilliant and potentially grant'able. But dollars are limited and hiring people is out of the question and I've used up all my favours.

Plus the whole "new and inovative" bit is driving me batty. Can't repeat anythign we've ever done before, it has to be all new and dynamic. That gets weary after a while.

No comments: